Physicians and Medical Practices of all Specialties
Assisting Physicians and Medical Practices with Their Legal Needs
For over 20 years Frier Levitt has assisted physicians and all types of single and multi-specialty practice groups. We understand that in order to survive and thrive in the ever-changing climate of the U.S. healthcare system, physicians and other healthcare providers must align themselves with legal counsel that has a broad and deep understanding not only of federal and state healthcare laws and regulations, but of the direction of the industry as a whole. Providers must stay in front of change, rather than simply reacting to it. Because of our single-minded focus on healthcare, Frier Levitt is uniquely positioned to serve as a creative and thoughtful guide to healthcare providers in these challenging times.
We provide a full panoply of legal services to physicians and medical practices. Click on the links below to learn more.
- Negotiations with hospitals and hospital relations
- Shareholder agreements
- Negotiations with Electronic Health Records Vendors and other key vendors
- LLC Operating Agreements
- Commercial Leases and sub lease arrangements
- Contracts with associate physicians and nurse practitioners
- Negotiations with Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Medicare/Private payor investigations and audits
- Criminal Defense matters involving claims of Healthcare Fraud
- State Board of Medical Examiner actions
- Formation of Super Groups, ACOs, CINS and MSO
- Value Based Contracting
- Analysis of Federal anti-kickback and Stark issues, as well as state law equivalents.
- Managed Care Contracting
- Employment Matters
- Breakups/Partnership terminations
Specialized Knowledge For Your Specialized Practice
Our attorneys work with physicians specializing in a wide range of practices and understand the unique nature of these areas. Our representation includes, but is not limited to practitioners in the following specialties:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Primary Care/Family Practice
- Plastic Surgery
- Pain Management
- And all other specialists
3-Part Webinar Series: Mastering Medical Licensing Board Complaints and Investigations
Frier Levitt attorneys Guillermo Beades and Alan Blankstein presented a complimentary webinar series, “Mastering Licensing Board Investigations: Essential Knowledge and Strategies for Healthcare Providers,” specifically tailored for medical professionals who want to understand the intricacies of Licensing Board investigations and learn how to effectively handle them. This series included:
- Session 1: Anatomy of a Licensing Board Investigation
- Session 2: How to Respond to an Investigation or Patient Complaint
- Session 3: What Providers Can Expect at a Board Hearing
To view the webinar recordings, click below.