Using Your Head: Avoiding Common Pitfalls When Responding to Audits and Document Requests On-Demand Webinar
Frier Levitt is proud to offer Using Your Head: Avoiding Common Pitfalls When Responding to Audits and Document Requests as an on-demand webinar.
Healthcare is one of the most highly regulated industries in the country and providers often face audits from government and private payors alike. It is essential that providers have the legal insights to navigate the potential minefield of Government and Private Payor Audits.
Without advice of counsel, practices may inadvertently help the payor to recoup extrapolated overpayment amounts, or worse, escalate the audit beyond a mere clawback. Document demands and audits that may initially appear benign could result in pre-payment audits, loss of credentials or billing privileges, referrals to state insurance fraud agencies, a civil action, and/or even criminal liability.
Frier Levitt Co-Founding Member Daniel B. Frier, Esq., Member Guillermo J. Beades, Esq. and Senior Counsel Theresa M. DiGuglielmo, Esq. are pleased to address the following topics:
- The current state of healthcare and what investigators are currently focusing on
- Understanding who is conducting audits – demystifying the alphabet soup of the audit world, the various contractors, and their roles
- What documents investigators are looking for – the usual suspects
- Figuring out the “why” of investigations
- The importance of responding carefully, as even “routine” audits may be part of a deeper investigation
- Employing the payor strategy of “deny-reduce-delay” in the context of defending the audit
- The value of pushing back, even if the audit findings cannot be substantially refuted
- The importance of proactive internal audits
- Avoiding common audit mistakes
Access the on-demand webinar “Using Your Head: Avoiding Common Pitfalls When Responding to Audits and Document Requests” and slide deck now by filling out the form below: