Welcome to Frier Levitt’s Careers Page
Work-life balance is important to us, and we don’t just give it lip service.
Who We Are
Frier Levitt is a national boutique healthcare and life sciences law firm with offices in Pine Brook, NJ, New York, NY and Uniondale, NY. Our Pine Brook, NJ headquarters boasts a full gym with male/female locker rooms, a zen room for meditation, eat-in kitchens throughout the building with snacks provided, cold brew coffee on tap and more. Our newly renovated New York City Office space has stunning views and access to Convene conferences. In addition, all New York City employees receive Convene membership.
Our Firm’s Lifestyle Committee is committed to arranging firm outings and events such as cooking classes, bowling, and other bonding events. We also enable our attorneys to work remotely, or on a modified work schedule if needed. For those interested in community services our #FLanthropy Committee works throughout the year to provide opportunities for the Firm to help those in the communities within which we live and industries which we service.
The Frier Levitt Difference
- Our compensation for mid-level and high-level attorneys is competitive with those of large NJ law firms. Most of our competitors are large firms, so we work hard to keep up with their compensation levels in order to attract the best candidates.
- We generally require fewer billable hours than large firms. We have a billable requirement of 1,750/year, and we have a bonus program that rewards attorneys who choose to exceed that threshold, as well a discretionary bonus program for other initiatives.
- We have an extremely collaborative approach to representing clients. Often, multiple attorneys, with different expertise, collaborate on matters in order to ensure that issues are handled by attorneys with the requisite knowledge base. Unlike many large firms we don’t operate under mini “fiefdoms” where partners hoard matters and avoid getting others involved for fear of losing “credit.” Since our inception 20-years ago, we have been obsessed with doing things differently than other firms, and this has resulted not only in happier clients, but happier attorneys as well.
- A touchstone of our success is an un-wavering commitment to the professional development of our attorneys. This is evidenced by the fact that several attorneys joined the firm immediately out of law school and have risen throughout the ranks to achieve partnership.
- We encourage, and financially support entrepreneurialism among our attorneys. Our platform is designed to help grow your career in your own way. We have young attorneys who have become national experts in Telehealth, HIPAA and other areas of specialty. Attorneys of all experience levels draft articles and participate in public speaking engagements if they so choose.
- We enable attorneys to have a high degree of client contact. Most attorneys don’t want to be holed up in their offices clicking away at their computers all day, and we don’t want them there either.
- We recently opened a cutting-edge office in lower Manhattan, and we enable attorneys to divide their time between our NJ and NY offices depending upon their commuting needs.
- We have formal in-house legal education where experts, both within and outside of the firm, give lectures and guidance in order for our attorneys to learn about subject matters that are directly related to their workload, and are related to other areas in which they may have an interest.
- We have a clear, written path to non-equity and equity partnership so there is no mystery surrounding how to become a partner, or what it means to be one.
- We have managed to preserve our workforce and compensation levels despite the COVID-19 crisis.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Educational and Professional Advancement Assistance
- Temporary Disability Benefits
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave Benefits
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer
Frier Levitt is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, recruitment, employment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations.
As a respectable and leading entity in the legal profession, Frier Levitt, LLC, believes that a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and staff, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and locations. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting talented lawyers and staff with diverse backgrounds and experiences in our New Jersey and New York offices in order to provide clients with the leadership, personal attention and integrity they deserve.