Work-life balance is important to us.
Who We Are
Frier Levitt, established in 2000, is a national law firm focused exclusively on Healthcare and Life Sciences. The Firm draws on its experience representing stakeholders across the entire healthcare spectrum. In the Life Sciences space, we have represented pharmacies of all kinds and assisted with regulatory, transactional and litigation matters. On the Healthcare side, our clients have included large physician group practices, hospitals, hospital medical staffs, ambulatory surgery centers, laboratory companies, as well as the complete panoply of ancillary service providers. We frequently make use of the wisdom from our many clinician attorneys, including multiple pharmacists, a podiatrist as well as industry leaders who prior to joining the Firm had previous experience in hospital administration, professional licensing, Attorney General actions, clinical practice, and medical billing. Our team culture cultivates forward thinking, problem solving and innovation in the healthcare and life science industries.
The Frier Levitt Difference
Since our inception 20-years ago, we have been obsessed with doing things differently, and this has resulted not only in happier clients, but happier attorneys as well. We have an extremely collaborative approach to representing clients. Often, multiple attorneys, with different expertise, collaborate on matters in order to ensure that issues are handled by attorneys with the requisite knowledge base. Unlike many of our competitors, we don’t operate under mini “fiefdoms” where partners hoard matters and avoid getting others involved for fear of losing “credit.” In addition, we have put in place unique Firm management practices that benefit our attorneys such as:
- Our attorney compensation is highly competitive as we are committed to retaining the best legal talent in the industry. Our robust bonus program is unlike most Firms and we allow attorneys to achieve greater compensation through active involvement in the Firm. More importantly, we give you the tools you need to succeed and be rewarded from day one.
- We have flexible billing requirements and opportunities for compensation enhancement for attorneys who choose to exceed that threshold.
- A touchstone of our success is an un-wavering commitment to the professional development of our attorneys. This is evidenced by the fact that several attorneys joined the firm immediately out of law school and have risen throughout the ranks to achieve partnership. We have formal in-house legal education where experts, both within and outside of the firm, give lectures and guidance in order for our attorneys to learn about subject matters that are directly related to their workload, and are related to other areas in which they may have an interest.
- Our attorneys have a high degree of client contact. We recognize that most attorneys don’t want to be holed up in their offices clicking away at their computers all day, and we don’t want them there either.
- We have a clear, written path to non-equity and equity partnership so there is no mystery surrounding how to become a partner, or what it means to be one. In addition, our non-equity partners participate in profit distribution.
- Our new cutting-edge office in lower Manhattan allows our attorneys to divide their time between our NJ and NY offices depending upon their commuting needs.
- We have managed to preserve our workforce and compensation levels, continuing to grow our team despite the COVID-19 crisis.
We are looking for attorneys who think differently too, who want to be a part of a growing national firm and work smarter, not harder. Our platform is designed to help grow your career in your own way. We whole heartedly encourage, and financially support entrepreneurialism among our attorneys and provide you with the tools and resources to succeed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Frier Levitt is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, recruitment, employment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations.
As a respectable and leading entity in the legal profession, Frier & Levitt, LLC, believes that a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and staff, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feels valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all our departments, programs, and locations. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting talented lawyers and staff with diverse backgrounds and experiences in our New Jersey and New York offices in order to provide clients with the leadership, personal attention and integrity they deserve.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Educational and Professional Advancement Assistance
- Temporary Disability Benefits
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave Benefits
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave