Healthcare is one of the most highly regulated industries in the country. When physicians and practices receive document requests, audit notices, and overpayment demands, knowing what to expect and how to react can help save money, protect your professional license and avoid litigation.
This webinar will take you through the process of the what to do when you or your practice receives a request or demand from a government agency or private payor. The webinar will help avoid common missteps and provide practical advice to minimize the impact on your business.
In this webinar, Guillermo J. Beades, Esq., Senior Counsel at boutique healthcare law firm Frier Levitt, LLC, discusses:
- How to identify if a document request is problematic
- Current audit trends with focus on the codes, modifiers and procedures that are high risk for triggering an audit
- How to formulate an action plan to respond to audits and document demands
- How physicians and practices can protect themselves and lower the risk of adverse audit findings
- Identifying common pitfalls and how to avoid them
Presented in Connection with PRI.
Contact Frier Levitt to speak to an Attorney.