Lawrence F. Kobak
Dr. Lawrence F. Kobak, DPM, Esq., is Senior Counsel in Frier Levitt’s Healthcare Department, working in the Uniondale, New York office. Prior to joining Frier Levitt, Larry was a partner at Kern, Augustine, PC, and at Abrams, Fensterman, Eisman, Greenberg, Formato & Einiger, LLP where he was director of the firm’s Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC) and Office of Professional Discipline (OPD) Defense. Larry has extensive experience representing physicians in connection with licensure issues, as well as successfully defending physicians before Medical Boards, OPMC, OPD investigations, as well as Medicare Fraud, Fraud & Abuse, Hospital Actions, RAC Audits, Medicare Audits, OIG Fraud, Health Care Fraud, Medical Audits, and Health Plan Billing Audits.
As a licensed Podiatrist prior to becoming an attorney, he served as the international president of the Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery. Larry is a fellow of the Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery, Diplomate of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Ambulatory Division, Diplomate of the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management, and Diplomate of the American Institute of Foot Medicine.
After receiving his DPM at New York College of Podiatric Medicine, Larry went on to earn his J.D. at Touro Law School where he received the honor of Class Valedictorian.
Touro Law School, Juris Doctor, Valedictorian
New York College of Podiatric Medicine, DPM
Undergraduate: CUNY, Queens College, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- State of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United District Court for the Western District of New York
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The New CDC Opioid Prescription Guidelines and You!
- New York Physicians and Non-Compete Clauses
- What To Do When The Office Of Professional Discipline Gives You A Friendly Call
- Crossing the Legal Sales Line: Do You Know the Warning Signs?