Frier Levitt Senior Counsel pharmacist attorney Martha M. Rumore, Pharm D., JD, MS, LLM, FAPhA, will be presenting a webinar, Pharmacy Legislative, Regulatory and Case Law Update and Medication Errors, for the Getaway Seminars December Law CE Program on December 10, 2023 from 9am to 2pm EST.
- Examine recent legislative, legal, and regulatory changes impacting pharmacists on the state and federal level.
- Describe recent court cases that are relevant to pharmacy practice and how those cases may affect the attendee’s behavior in providing pharmacy services.
- Describe pharmacy federal and state laws, regulations and the role of the state boards of pharmacy.
- Identify the resources available in addressing and evaluating issues pertaining to controlled substances in both community and institutional pharmacy practice.
- Describe how medication errors and adverse drug events in prescribing, dispensing, administration and patient education can be prevented.
- Describe the extent and effect of medication errors on patient health and safety.
- Evaluate opportunities and challenges for postmarketing surveillance and adverse drug reaction notification and reporting.
- Identify best practices to decrease potential liability from medication errors.
To register or learn more, click here.