Frier Levitt Senior Counsel pharmacist attorney Martha M. Rumore, PharmD, Esq., MS, LLM, FAPhA will be giving a seminar, Pharmacy Legislative, Regulatory and Case Law Update and Medication Errors, for the Getaway Seminars December Law CE Program on December 11, 2022 from 8am to 1pm EST. This seminar, in conjunction with St. John’s University, is a great opportunity for pharmacy professionals to gain insight into the evolving pharmaceutical industry, offering 5.0 hours CPE for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, and fulfilling the 3.0-hour requirement on reducing medication and prescription errors for NY pharmacy professionals.
ACPE # 0043-9999-22-045-L03-P and 0043-9999-22-046-L05-P
1. Examine recent legislative, legal, and regulatory changes impacting pharmacists on the state and federal level.
2. Describe recent court cases that are relevant to pharmacy practice and how those cases may affect the attendee’s behavior in providing pharmacy services.
3. Describe pharmacy federal and state laws, regulations and the role of the state boards of pharmacy.
4. Identify the resources available in addressing and evaluating issues pertaining to controlled substances in both community and institutional pharmacy practice.
5. Describe how medication errors and adverse drug events in prescribing, dispensing, administration and patient education can be prevented.
6. Describe the extent and effect of medication errors on patient health and safety.
7. Evaluate opportunities and challenges for postmarketing surveillance and adverse drug reaction notification and reporting.
8. Identify best practices to decrease potential liability from medication errors.
To register, click here.