- This event has passed.
Legal Issues Around Structuring Value Based Contracts (“VBC”)
November 12, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:15 am
There is little doubt that VBC is the future of healthcare. Plan Sponsors must control the total cost of care, on both the healthcare and pharmacy benefits. CINs have emerged as a clear pathway for the celebration of “medical outcomes” over “fee for service”. However, many barriers to entry exist for the exploration of VBC.
Join Frier Levitt co-founding Partners Jonathan E. Levitt, Esq. (Moderator) and Daniel B. Frier, Esq. along with a panel of industry leaders as they explore the goals and opportunities presented by VBC, as well as identify both the hurdles and solutions.
- Challenges regarding payment models in VBC for oncology
- Clinically Integrated Networks (“CINs”) in oncology – opportunities and challenges
- Potential model arrangement wherein oncology providers go “direct to plan sponsors”
- What stakeholders are critical to “direct to plan model”? (providers that dispense, oncology manufacturers, self-funded plans, CINs)
- CINs: Why are they necessary? What are the goals?
- Data warehouse opportunities in VBC (strategy wherein provider joins an organization for purpose of getting into the data marketplace, so they are in the “right place” when VBC becomes meaningful)
- Touch upon Oncology Care Model (“OCM”)
- Key negotiating points in Value Based Care Contracts (the anatomy of a VBC contract)
- Navigating competition law issues
Who should attend: Oncology group practices, payors, individuals in the data space and manufacturers that participate in value-based care.