Joanita N. Gakami
Joanita N. Gakami is an Associate in the Health Care and Life Sciences Practice Group. Joanita works as a litigator for both health care and life sciences clients on commercial healthcare matters, False Claims Act matters, fraud and abuse, health care compliance, and employment law matters. She also has experience working for a large law firm advising and representing employers in all areas of labor and employment law.
Ms. Gakami graduated from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2018 with a Concentration in Health Law. While in law school she served as president of the Health Law Forum, treasurer of the Employment Law Forum and research assistant to the Seton Hall Law Leadership Fellows Program. Ms. Gakami was also an Ethics and Compliance Fellow at Otsuka Pharmaceutical Companies in the U.S. She was also a judicial intern for the Hon. Steven C. Mannion, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey, and a student attorney for the Southern District of New York Mediation Program for Pro Se Employment Discrimination Cases.
Before law school, Ms. Gakami was a Public Policy and Research Fellow for the Women’s City Club of New York. She was also a social justice mediator during her undergraduate studies at Smith College.
Other Languages Spoken:
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Smith College, B.A., 2013
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Seton Hall Law Leadership Fellow
- Recipient, Seton Hall Law Leadership Fellows Humanitarian Award
- Recipient, Seton Hall Law Chancellor Law Scholarship
- Recipient, Seton Hall Law Richman Law Scholarship
- Recipient, Seton Hall Law Ambrosio-Gordon Law Scholarship
- Named, Seton Hall Law Dorothy Day Scholar